Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve 2010

Tomorrow begins 2011, a brand new year full of new experiences, surprises, and opportunities.  In the past, on New Year's Eve, I've reflected on the past year with mainly regrets.  Regrets that I didn't find the right boyfriend, the right job, the right friends.  I fought with family members, I was unhappy with myself and with those close to me.  I longed for the coming year to be better, but I really couldn't specifically visualize what it was that I wanted.  I thought that whatever you want to call it, fate, God, was going to either make the coming year a good one, or a bad one.  I wasn't in control of my destiny.  Whatever was going to happen was going to happen, and I had no say in it.

I have a lot of things going for me.  And I have a lot of things that I want to change about my life.  This New Year's Eve is different.  Because for the first time in my life, I know that I have to power to make this coming year of 2011 awesome.  I have a lot of things that I am working on, both professionally and personally, and I plan to set goals for myself and see them through.  These are not your typical New Year's resolutions.  No, I am definitely going to work on these, not just try to stick with them for a couple of weeks.

So no more feeling sorry for myself.  No more blaming my problems on other people.  No more missing out on things I want to do because I'm afraid.  I'm not afraid anymore to let go of people that I don't love.  As Lindsay Lohan said in Mean Girls, I have to "suck all of the poison out of my life".  Sometimes the poison is other people.  Sometimes the poison is yourself.

I hope that everyone who reads this (which isn't a lot of people but who knows!) I hope that you can find the courage within yourself to make some goals for the coming year and make them happen for yourself, rather than trusting it all to fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment